Monday, June 20, 2011

Another good celtic weekend

So the hubby and I spent the weekend at an SCA event called Storvik Novice Tourney. The main focus of the event was for people who are either new to the SCA, or new to a weapons form or art/science. There were Novice Tourneys for rapier and heavy fighters, as well as a novice Arts & Sciences (A&S) competiton.

I entered my mead into the competition, which got really high marks! I came only 1/2 point below the winner, and with no documentation! Documentation shows the research that you did into the period methods and materials of your project. In most competitions it is very important, and I would have won if I had had it.

I also entered my shoes into the competition with extensive documentation, and they got a pretty high score also. Here's a picture of one of my shoes when I first made them:

After all of the tourneys and competitions were over, it was time for the revelry! There was a fire, music provided by Dragon Song, dancing by Mavi and Na'la, and singing by Llyr, Ursus and myself. We had a great time! It was also good to see folks from Preachain's sister clannes, Anglesey and Concusare. Below is a picture of the performers taken by Ursus of Anglesey:

What a great weekend!! Can't wait for Pennsic!

~Ceanag~

No comments:

Post a Comment